Thursday, December 16, 2010

Old Friends


I have had this image in my mind for a while. I love the Simon and Garfunkel song from years ago. The lyrics are so sweet and conjur up memories of my parents, grandparents and even me one day.

"Old friends, old friends,

Sat on a park bench like bookends"



Here is a quote that I love... "The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in seventy or eighty years. Your body changes, but you don't change at all. And that, of course, causes great confusion." ~Doris Lessing



Here is another wonderful quote from a woman who watched this video. I couldn't agree more!! "This song has always haunted me, because I have an inordinate fear of death. But now that I'm almost 70, I realize it's not about death, but about getting old. Which is not so bad; I'm writing a novel, sketching my cats, ballroom dancing, cooking beautiful dinners for friends and family, walking in the woods with camera in hand, enjoying life. Thank you, S&G." Love to all of you this Holiday season...from someone who is 14 years away from 70 and loving every minute of it.

Sample card designer: Anja Bruynen


Sample card designer: Nancy Cappelen

3 comments:

Linda Wescott said...

I adore your image, and thanks for sharing the simon and garfunkle video....boy that took me back...I'd forgotten how much I love them. Enjoyed reading the quotes too. Hugs lin

CathyC said...

thank you so much - that is one of our favourite songs. We were lucky enough to see S&G in Adelaide in 2009 and was mesmerised by their performance - they still have it after all these years ;-) Your image could be me and my husband (if the man in the image was bald and had a short beard instead) We are only 50, 20 years away from 70 - but look forward to sitting on a park bench together when we are 70 ;-)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! what a wonderful image, we don't look like this couple, more like Jack Sprat and his wife (an old nursery rhyme - he's thin she's fat!!) but it could be us after 45 years of mariage and me just 6 years from 70.

Thank you.